Video chat is an Internet service (site) for online communication with random interlocutors using a webcam and microphone. One of the most famous video chats is Omegle: it is the first service to hit the market. The way Omegle worked – the random connection of two users – formed the basis for most other video chats that appeared in the following years. Most of the chats offer quick one-button connection without registration: the system itself automatically connects with a random interlocutor, and if he does not suit you, you can always click the Next button and go to a new acquaintance.
Free video chats
The basic functionality of these sites is often quite limited: video communication, text correspondence, filtering of interlocutors by country, less often by interests. People come here to have fun, chat with people from different parts of our planet, and then return to their usual business and forget about it as another trip to a cafe. You just had fun, it was pleasant, and that’s enough.
Partially paid online video chats
Partially paid online video chats include a list of additional features for premium users, for example:
– gender filter,
– flexible search settings for interlocutors by interests and topics for communication,
– disabling ads on the site,
– VIP-badge for your account, which increases user confidence,
– various “masks” for chat,
– the ability to return to the previous interlocutor after pressing the “Next” button.
Let’s take a look at the top five popular chat roulettes that advertise themselves as free, and see which of them offer additional features on a paid basis.
The oldest random chat provides the most basic functionality to its users. It includes video communication, tag filtering and text messaging. A nice bonus is the observer mode, when one person sets a topic for conversation, and then can watch as a random couple of interlocutors discuss it.
All Omegle features are completely free.
The same age as Omegle also includes basic features for such services: instant connection to video chat, no registration, and … that’s all. Recently, text chat has disappeared from Chatroulette, so the service does not have any additional functions.
As a result, the site is completely free too.
Simple and straightforward random video chat providing its users with the following functions:
– audio and video communication,
– text communication,
– access to various chat rooms,
– complaints about indecently behaving users.
However, unlike the aforementioned competitors, Chatrandom also has additional – paid – functions:
– connection to the chat room with girls,
– filtering interlocutors by gender,
– wider selection by country,
– the “Back” button that allows you to return to the previous interlocutor.
The cost of a month of paid subscription in 2020 is $ 19.99.
Not quite a standard chat roulette, which allows everyone to create their own chat room, to which up to 12 people can connect at will. In the service you can register for free, connect to the “room”. Tinychat also has paid services:
– fullscreen high definition video
– no advertising
– a bonus set of local virtual currency.
– The cost of a premium account is from $ 9.95 per month.
The youngest service on our list – it was launched in 2017. Like the chat rooms mentioned above, Shagle includes both free and paid functionality. Free includes:
– check in,
– video conference,
– text chat,
– filter by country,
– filter to search for interlocutors.
Premium users who purchase a paid subscription that costs $ 19.99 per month have access to:
– gender filter,
– virtual gifts for interlocutors,
– a special badge-badge of the verified user,
– filtering by more than 200 countries,
– return to the previous user,
– disable ads.
– Paid random video chats
Basically, they include most of the above functions, but the main thing for which a fee is taken is the quality of the service, the level of communication with support, working moderation, “audience purity”.
It’s not uncommon for users who have tried several free sites similar to Omegle to end up paying for these benefits.
Naturally, each communication format has its fans, its pros, cons and features. Which one suits you, and whether you want to use additional functions or get “all at once”, you should decide slowly and after weighing all the pros and cons. The main thing is your satisfaction with the service you use.